Re: [PBML] accessing MDB Access database from UNIX Perl

  • Robert Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6 11:28 AM
      The only module I'm familiar with to access an Access MDB
      would be a DBI and DBD::ODBC combination. However, even with ODBC
      providers such as unixODBC, this still would not work directly on
      a UNIX machine because the Jet library, which is proprietary to
      Microsoft systems, was never ported as far as I'm aware.

      The simplest solution is to use Access to export to either a
      CSV or some other, non proprietary format, and use that on your unix
      system. Or even to move the data into a RDBMS such as Microsoft's
      SQL Server or MySQL.