How can I get by the first line of a cvs file or say go next in the read file?

  • chipwillis2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 11:49 AM
      Hi,
      I have a header in a cvs file that I do not want to process when
      reading in the file to an array.

      How can I get by this first line?
      I put into the code if the ID is not numeric then do not process it
      but this deos not move to the next line in the array (file). How can
      I do that or start from the second line of the array or (cvs file)
      or?

      May cvs file:

      "ID","Last Name","First Name","Email"
      "100043094","Long4","Paul4,longps4@..."

      My code:

      #******* if the UserID is numeric then process if not the do
      nothing*************
      if (($InstructorID =~ /^\d+$/) && ($InstructorID =~ /^\d+$/)) {
      print "$InstructorID <BR>";

      then the processing here……

      } #end if the CourseNumber is numeric

      Thank you,