Re: [PBML] Re: Substitute a single-quote syntax

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
      >>>>> "hooyar66" == hooyar66 <pcbcad@...> writes:

      hooyar66> Any ideas?

      About what? Looks like you solved it.

    • hooyar66
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007

        > >>>>> "hooyar66" == hooyar66 <pcbcad@...> writes:
        >
        > hooyar66> Any ideas?
        >
        > About what? Looks like you solved it.

        777 0095
        training!

        Hi Randal

        No still not solved it.

        The code below although it 'looks' correct is not being interpreted
        correctly:

        ###########
        #! perl
        use strict;
        use warnings;
        use diagnostics;

        my $text = 'A ver~sion, of 5 6 NJH\'s SD card \'which\'
        enab\'@#~%les the PCB itself to be plug\'ged (directly) i@nto a
        #,standard SD card input connector';

        $text =~ s/\'/\\\'/g;

        print "\$text:\n$text\n\n";

        print 'The previous single-quote should be a opener not a closing
        quote';

        ###########

        The second single-quote in my substitution line is not being escaped
        causing all subsequent code - until the next single-quote - to be
        treated as a sting.

        They say 'a picture is worth a thousand words', the link below will
        show a screenshot of my text-editor which uses Perl syntax colour
        coding.

        http://tinyurl.com/yrja7g

        Thanks
        NJH
      • Rob Biedenharn
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
          On Feb 2, 2007, at 5:50 AM, hooyar66 wrote:

          >> hooyar66> Any ideas?
          >>
          >> About what? Looks like you solved it.
          >>
          >> --
          >> Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503
          >> 777 0095
          >> <merlyn@...> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
          >> Perl/Unix/security consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
          >> See PerlTraining.Stonehenge.com for onsite and open-enrollment
          >> Perl training!
          >>

          > Hi Randal
          >
          > No still not solved it.
          >
          > The code below although it 'looks' correct is not being interpreted
          > correctly:
          >
          > ###########
          >
          > The second single-quote in my substitution line is not being escaped
          > causing all subsequent code - until the next single-quote - to be
          > treated as a sting.
          >
          > They say 'a picture is worth a thousand words', the link below will
          > show a screenshot of my text-editor which uses Perl syntax colour
          > coding.
          >
          > http://tinyurl.com/yrja7g
          >
          > Thanks
          > NJH

          Your problem is in thinking that this is a Perl issue. It's just
          your editor. Mine handles this code just fine:
          http://agileconsultingllc.com/single_quote.png

          -Rob

          Rob@...
        • hooyar66
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
            --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, Rob Biedenharn <Rob@...> wrote:

            > >> hooyar66> Any ideas?
            > >>
            > >> About what? Looks like you solved it.
            > >>
            > >> --
            > >> Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1
            503
            > >> 777 0095
            > >> <merlyn@> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
            > >> Perl/Unix/security consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc.
            etc.
            > >> See PerlTraining.Stonehenge.com for onsite and open-enrollment
            > >> Perl training!
            > >>

            > > Hi Randal
            > >
            > > No still not solved it.
            > >
            > > The code below although it 'looks' correct is not being
            interpreted
            > > correctly:
            > >
            > > ###########
            > >
            > > The second single-quote in my substitution line is not being
            escaped
            > > causing all subsequent code - until the next single-quote - to be
            > > treated as a sting.
            > >
            > > They say 'a picture is worth a thousand words', the link below
            will
            > > show a screenshot of my text-editor which uses Perl syntax colour
            > > coding.
            > >
            > > http://tinyurl.com/yrja7g
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > > NJH
            >
            > Your problem is in thinking that this is a Perl issue. It's just
            > your editor. Mine handles this code just fine:
            > http://agileconsultingllc.com/single_quote.png
            >
            > -Rob
            >
            > Rob Biedenharn http://agileconsultingllc.com
            > Rob@...

            Thanks Rob - time to change my editor ;-)