Re: [PBML] printing HOL using perl

  • Abdul
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2007
      Better you use Spreadsheet::WriteExcel module

      Mahbub Hossain <mahbubh@...> wrote: Hi,
      I am trying to print a HOL in a output csv file.I am using the
      following code:

      foreach my $testkey (sort keys %testHash) {
      print OUTFILE "\n$testkey, ";

      foreach $i ( 0 .. $#{ $testHash{$testkey} } ) {
      my $val = $testHash{$testkey}[$i];
      if (!defined($val)){$val = "null";}
      print OUTFILE "$val,";

      close (OUTFILE);

      But some time the no of values for any key exceede 256. Then i am
      facing problem while openning the file using excel, as excel has a
      limitation of max no of column will be 256.
      So i was wondering how can i print values vertically and keys
      horizontally, so i bypas the excell limitation. Or i could print
      values vertically and then jump back to the beginng of file and print
      so on.
      Any idea ? How can i do that.
      Thanks a lot for your time.
      Reg/Mahbub Hossain