Perl Automation Program

  • vimalraj.thirugnanam@wipro.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
      Scenario:

      1. Need to know the Host B Server /backup disk space from Host A,
      if Host B filesystem > 10GB Free
      2. Check the Host A file sytem /main, if it is > 10 GB tar the
      files from /mail as ddmmmyy_filename.tar file
      3. If everything works fine, Start the FTP session of the tar files
      from Host A to Host B, send the activity completion status to
      abc@...
      4. if the condition 1 & 2 fails send a mail to abc@... user
      with the failure status.

      Assume my server is enabled with SMTP support.

    • Dave Gray
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2007
        On 1/3/07, vimalraj.thirugnanam@...
        <vimalraj.thirugnanam@...> wrote:
        > Scenario:
        >
        > 1. Need to know the Host B Server /backup disk space from Host A,
        > if Host B filesystem > 10GB Free
        > 2. Check the Host A file sytem /main, if it is > 10 GB tar the
        > files from /mail as ddmmmyy_filename.tar file
        > 3. If everything works fine, Start the FTP session of the tar files
        > from Host A to Host B, send the activity completion status to
        > abc@...
        > 4. if the condition 1 & 2 fails send a mail to abc@... user
        > with the failure status.
        >
        > Assume my server is enabled with SMTP support.

        When is your deadline?
      • vimalraj.thirugnanam@wipro.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2007
          Jan 15th.

          ________________________________

          <mailto:vimalraj.thirugnanam%40wipro.com>
          <vimalraj.thirugnanam@...
          <mailto:vimalraj.thirugnanam%40wipro.com> > wrote:
          > Scenario:
          >
          > 1. Need to know the Host B Server /backup disk space from Host A,
          > if Host B filesystem > 10GB Free
          > 2. Check the Host A file sytem /main, if it is > 10 GB tar the
          > files from /mail as ddmmmyy_filename.tar file
          > 3. If everything works fine, Start the FTP session of the tar files
          > from Host A to Host B, send the activity completion status to
          > abc@... <mailto:abc%40abc.com>
          > 4. if the condition 1 & 2 fails send a mail to abc@...
          <mailto:abc%40xyz.com> user

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 5, 2007

            On 1/5/07, vimalraj.thirugnanam@...
            <vimalraj.thirugnanam@...> wrote:
            > Jan 15th.

            That should be enough time for you to figure out how to do it. What
            was your perl question again?