Re: [PBML] Script that opens URL and save webpage as text file

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2006
      >>>>> "shyam741" == shyam741 <shyam741@...> writes:

      shyam741> Hi,
      shyam741> I need a script that reads a file having list of URLs and then
      shyam741> one by one opens those URL/webpage and save its contentes as text file.

      shyam741> Is it possible to achieve this task in Perl?
      shyam741> I am new to Perl ... pointers will be greatly apprecialted.

      See LWP::Simple, particularly the "mirror" function.

    • shyam741
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2006
        Thanks for the pointer.
        I will look into LWP.
        Thanks,
        shyam

        > shyam741> Hi,
        > shyam741> I need a script that reads a file having list of URLs
        and then
        > shyam741> one by one opens those URL/webpage and save its
        contentes as text file.

        > shyam741> Is it possible to achieve this task in Perl?
        > shyam741> I am new to Perl ... pointers will be greatly
        apprecialted.

        > See LWP::Simple, particularly the "mirror" function.

        777 0095
        > See PerlTraining.Stonehenge.com for onsite and open-enrollment
        Perl training!