Script that opens URL and save webpage as text file

  • shyam741
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2006
      Hi,
      I need a script that reads a file having list of URLs and then
      one by one opens those URL/webpage and save its contentes as text file.

      Is it possible to achieve this task in Perl?
      I am new to Perl ... pointers will be greatly apprecialted.
      Thanks
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2006

        shyam741> Hi,
        shyam741> I need a script that reads a file having list of URLs and then
        shyam741> one by one opens those URL/webpage and save its contentes as text file.

        shyam741> Is it possible to achieve this task in Perl?
        shyam741> I am new to Perl ... pointers will be greatly apprecialted.

        See LWP::Simple, particularly the "mirror" function.

      • shyam741
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 7, 2006
          Thanks for the pointer.
          I will look into LWP.
          Thanks,
          shyam

          > shyam741> Hi,
          > shyam741> I need a script that reads a file having list of URLs
          and then
          > shyam741> one by one opens those URL/webpage and save its
          contentes as text file.

          > shyam741> Is it possible to achieve this task in Perl?
          > shyam741> I am new to Perl ... pointers will be greatly
          apprecialted.

          > See LWP::Simple, particularly the "mirror" function.

          777 0095
          > See PerlTraining.Stonehenge.com for onsite and open-enrollment
          Perl training!