Re: [PBML] Extracing XML data to perl variables?

  • manoj mitra
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2006
      Hi!

      use XML::Parser;
      can have the details in CPAN.

      Manoj

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: chipwillis2003 <chipwillis2003@...>
      To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, November 6, 2006 11:09:20 PM
      Subject: [PBML] Extracing XML data to perl variables?

      Hi,
      I am trying to extract the "<ActivityID> 641</ActivityID> "
      and "<ErrorID>0< /ErrorID> " from a web page that returns the values
      in XML. How can I go about putting these values into a Perl variable
      so I can use them for further processing?

      Here is the XML

      <?xml version="1.0" ?>
      - <iLinc:Response version="8.0. 1" xmlns:iLinc= "http://www.ilinc com">
      - <iLinc:AddActivityB asicResponse Reference="101" >
      <ActivityID> 641</ActivityID>
      <ErrorID>0</ ErrorID>
      <ErrorStr />
      </iLinc:AddActivity BasicResponse>