Creating variables from thin air

  • Greg Webster
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 11, 2000
      Weird situation...

      I have a script which right now creates an array like:

      $FORM{adminemail}
      (where adminemail is the key to a value)

      I would like to convert all of these to

      $adminemail

      ...without going through the steps in the script to say
      $adminemail = $FORM{adminemail}

      ...since there are quite a HUGE number of these built from an HTML form.

      Suggestions on simplifying the process would be appreciated...

      Thanks!

      Greg

      --
      "The world's as ugly as sin, and almost as delightful"
      - Frederick Locker-Lampson
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11, 2000
        The line below that says:

        $$adminemail = $FORM{adminemail}

        should say:

        $adminemail = $FORM{adminemail}

        Thanks!

        On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Greg Webster enscribed:
        > Weird situation...
        >
        > I have a script which right now creates an array like:
        >
        > $FORM{adminemail}
        > (where adminemail is the key to a value)
        >
        > I would like to convert all of these to
        >
        > $adminemail
        >
        > ...without going through the steps in the script to say
        > $$adminemail = $FORM{adminemail}
        >
        > ...since there are quite a HUGE number of these built from an HTML form.
        >
        > Suggestions on simplifying the process would be appreciated...
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Greg
        >
        > --
        > "The world's as ugly as sin, and almost as delightful"
        > - Frederick Locker-Lampson
        > Greg Webster - greg@... - http://www.geekrights.org
        > Public PGP key: http://www.geekrights.org/pgp/public.txt
        > LINUX DRIVER PETITION - http://www.libranet.com/petition.html

        > Enter to WIN one of 10 NEW Kenmore Ranges!
        > Only at sears.com
        "The world's as ugly as sin, and almost as delightful"
        - Frederick Locker-Lampson
        Greg Webster - greg@... - http://www.geekrights.org
        Public PGP key: http://www.geekrights.org/pgp/public.txt
        LINUX DRIVER PETITION - http://www.libranet.com/petition.html
      • Tom Barron
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 12, 2000
          Greg Webster wrote:

          > Weird situation...
          >
          > I have a script which right now creates an array like:
          >
          > $FORM{adminemail}
          > (where adminemail is the key to a value)
          >
          > I would like to convert all of these to
          >
          > $adminemail
          >
          > ...without going through the steps in the script to say
          > $adminemail = $FORM{adminemail}
          >
          > ...since there are quite a HUGE number of these built from an HTML form.
          >
          > Suggestions on simplifying the process would be appreciated...

          How about this?

          foreach $key (keys(%FORM))
          {
          eval("\$$key = \"$FORM{$key}\"");
          }
        • Dan Boger
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 12, 2000
            On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:14:54 -0500 Tom Barron <tbarron@...> wrote
            concerning 'Re: [PBML] Creating variables from thin air ':
            > Greg Webster wrote:
            > >
            > > Weird situation...
            > >
            > > I have a script which right now creates an array like:
            > >
            > > $FORM{adminemail}
            > > (where adminemail is the key to a value)
            > >
            > > I would like to convert all of these to
            > >
            > > $adminemail
            > >
            > > ...without going through the steps in the script to say
            > > $adminemail = $FORM{adminemail}
            > >
            > > ...since there are quite a HUGE number of these built from an HTML form.
            > >
            > > Suggestions on simplifying the process would be appreciated...
            >
            > How about this?
            >
            > foreach $key (keys(%FORM))
            > {
            > eval("\$$key = \"$FORM{$key}\"");