RE: [PBML] One simple question.

  • Pardeep Kumar, Goyal (Goyal)** CTR **
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2006
      Hi Mike,

      The systems I am currently using I don't have permissions to install perl
      patches. These systems have basic perl installed but don't have "expect.pm"
      module installed.

      Can I write "expect" session using normal expect and get a remote file and
      then do a perl regex manipulations on that and then again put back the file
      remotely using System "expect" tool. I have to do it for lot of files that's
      why asking. I can't directly edit the files on the remote system as it is
      VxWorks.

      I can write series of script to achieve that but just as a curiosity can it
      be possible to write one single script which will use perl and System expect
      tool both.

      Thanks

      Pardeep

      _____