Counting Characters of word?

  • Marcos Onisto
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2006
      Hello All,

      How can i count how many characters one word have?
      There is a function done that make this?
      Have someone ever made some like this?

      I appreciate some helps,

      Thanks a lot!

      Marcos Luiz Onisto

    • tnas
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2006
        Use the function 'length'. For example:

        my $crt = 'ab13#&c';
        my $num_crt = length $crt;

        HTH

        Marcos Onisto escreveu:

        > Hello All,
        >
        > How can i count how many characters one word have?
        > There is a function done that make this?
        > Have someone ever made some like this?
        >
        > I appreciate some helps,
        >
        > Thanks a lot!
        >
        > Marcos Luiz Onisto

        Thiago Nascimento
        #!/usr/bin/perl
        $_="tMM naaCt Feocmama_itpUilucoGa";$_.=$1,print $2 while s/(..)(.)//;print substr$_,1,1;
      • Marcos Onisto
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2006
          Thanks a lot.

          tnas <nascimentothiago@...> wrote: Use the function 'length'. For example: