Re: [PBML] help regarding perl

  • Rimjim Suri
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
      Can u please let me know what to choose from this link . I have windows xp
      http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=ActivePerl

      Raja Rajasekaram <raja_rajasekaram@...> wrote:
      I would recommend this book:
      "Professional Perl Programming, from WROX Press"

      Excellant book, anything you need in perl this book
      has it. Its a huge book so....be prepare to fall a
      sleep.

      "Object Oriented Perl, Damian Conway"

      Excellant OO perl book.

      Interms of software, download it from activeperl.com.
      or if you are running linux, its already pre
      installed.

      Enjoy

      --- Rimjim Suri <rimjim_s@...> wrote:

      > Hello ,
      > Can anyone just help me in telling
      > which book should i refer for perl. I have to learn
      > perl within 1-2 months. I don't even know ABC .. of
      > it. Just tell which few books i should refer
      > initially . And also which software should i need on
      > my computer to run the programs.. just tell me about
      > the free software avaiable on net. It will be a
      > great help for me.
      >
      > regards,
      > Rimjim

      > removed]

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Raja Rajasekaram
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 6, 2006
        http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/

        download it from there...

        --- Rimjim Suri <rimjim_s@...> wrote:

        > Can u please let me know what to choose from this
        > link . I have windows xp

        http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=ActivePerl

        > Raja Rajasekaram <raja_rajasekaram@...> wrote:
        >
        > I would recommend this book:
        > "Professional Perl Programming, from WROX Press"
        >
        > Excellant book, anything you need in perl this book
        > has it. Its a huge book so....be prepare to fall a
        > sleep.
        >
        > "Object Oriented Perl, Damian Conway"
        >
        > Excellant OO perl book.
        >
        > Interms of software, download it from
        > activeperl.com.
        > or if you are running linux, its already pre
        > installed.
        >
        > Enjoy
        >
        > --- Rimjim Suri <rimjim_s@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Hello ,
        > > Can anyone just help me in telling
        > > which book should i refer for perl. I have to
        > learn
        > > perl within 1-2 months. I don't even know ABC ..
        > of
        > > it. Just tell which few books i should refer
        > > initially . And also which software should i need
        > on
        > > my computer to run the programs.. just tell me
        > about
        > > the free software avaiable on net. It will be a
        > > great help for me.
        > >
        > > regards,
        > > Rimjim

        > > removed]

        > protection around
        > http://mail.yahoo.com

        > removed]

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • GOPI
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 6, 2006
          Hi Rimjim,
          My suggestion for "PERL FROM THE GROUND UP " is the best for knowing
          perl.
          regds
          gopi
          -