Re: [PBML] help regarding perl

  • Rimjim Suri
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
      Thank you raja. I'll sure install the software today.

      Raja Rajasekaram <raja_rajasekaram@...> wrote: I would recommend this book:
      "Professional Perl Programming, from WROX Press"

      Excellant book, anything you need in perl this book
      has it. Its a huge book so....be prepare to fall a
      sleep.

      "Object Oriented Perl, Damian Conway"

      Excellant OO perl book.

      Interms of software, download it from activeperl.com.
      or if you are running linux, its already pre
      installed.

      Enjoy

      --- Rimjim Suri <rimjim_s@...> wrote:

      > Hello ,
      > Can anyone just help me in telling
      > which book should i refer for perl. I have to learn
      > perl within 1-2 months. I don't even know ABC .. of
      > it. Just tell which few books i should refer
      > initially . And also which software should i need on
      > my computer to run the programs.. just tell me about
      > the free software avaiable on net. It will be a
      > great help for me.
      >
      > regards,
      > Rimjim

      > removed]

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Chad Perrin
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
        On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 01:27:49PM -0700, Rimjim Suri wrote:

        > Hello ,
        > Can anyone just help me in telling which book should i refer for perl. I have to learn perl within 1-2 months. I don't even know ABC .. of it. Just tell which few books i should refer initially . And also which software should i need on my computer to run the programs.. just tell me about the free software avaiable on net. It will be a great help for me.

        The camelid trilogy from O'Reilly is excellent:

        Learning Perl
        (aka The Llama Book)
        Intermediate Perl
        (aka The Alpaca Book, aka PORM)
        Programming Perl
        (aka The Camel Book)

        . . . pretty much in that order.

        "The first rule of magic is simple. Don't waste your time waving your
        hands and hopping when a rock or a club will do." - McCloctnick the Lucid
      • Rimjim Suri
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2006
          Can u please let me know what to choose from this link . I have windows xp
          http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=ActivePerl

          --- Rimjim Suri <rimjim_s@...> wrote:

          > Hello ,
          > Can anyone just help me in telling
          > which book should i refer for perl. I have to learn
          > perl within 1-2 months. I don't even know ABC .. of
          > it. Just tell which few books i should refer
          > initially . And also which software should i need on
          > my computer to run the programs.. just tell me about
          > the free software avaiable on net. It will be a
          > great help for me.
          >
          > regards,
          > Rimjim

          > removed]

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Raja Rajasekaram
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 6, 2006
            http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/

            download it from there...

            --- Rimjim Suri <rimjim_s@...> wrote:

            > Can u please let me know what to choose from this
            > link . I have windows xp

            http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=ActivePerl

            > Raja Rajasekaram <raja_rajasekaram@...> wrote:
            >
            > I would recommend this book:
            > "Professional Perl Programming, from WROX Press"
            >
            > Excellant book, anything you need in perl this book
            > has it. Its a huge book so....be prepare to fall a
            > sleep.
            >
            > "Object Oriented Perl, Damian Conway"
            >
            > Excellant OO perl book.
            >
            > Interms of software, download it from
            > activeperl.com.
            > or if you are running linux, its already pre
            > installed.
            >
            > Enjoy
            >
            > --- Rimjim Suri <rimjim_s@...> wrote:
            >

            > > Hello ,
            > > Can anyone just help me in telling
            > > which book should i refer for perl. I have to
            > learn
            > > perl within 1-2 months. I don't even know ABC ..
            > of
            > > it. Just tell which few books i should refer
            > > initially . And also which software should i need
            > on
            > > my computer to run the programs.. just tell me
            > about
            > > the free software avaiable on net. It will be a
            > > great help for me.
            > >
            > > regards,
            > > Rimjim

            > > removed]

            > protection around
            > http://mail.yahoo.com

            > removed]

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • GOPI
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 6, 2006
              Hi Rimjim,
              My suggestion for "PERL FROM THE GROUND UP " is the best for knowing
              perl.
              regds
              gopi
              -