Re: [PBML] understanding evaluations - if not working

  • Paul Archer
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2 6:25 PM
      Turn on warnings, and you'll have your answer.
      *Always* turn on warnings, and you'll have your answer much more often.

      Paul

      9:39am, Noah wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > Okay I cant seem to figure out why the following 'if' statement is not
      > working. The following evaluation is considering the variables a match
      > and is entering the brackets. From my perspective they are not a match.
      > what am I doing wrong?
      >

      > $community_subname = AS9633-AGGS_mcast;
      > $loop_subname = AS9633-AGGS;
      >

      > if ( $community_subname == "$loop_subname" ) {
      > is considering the above variables a match is entering the brackets.
      > }
      >

      > cheers,
      >
      > Noah

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      As to Jesus of Nazareth...I think the system of Morals and his
      Religion, as he left them to us, the best the World ever saw
      or is likely to see; but I apprehend it has received various
      corrupting Changes, and I have, with most of the present
      Dissenters in England, some doubts as to his divinity.
      --------------------Benjamin Franklin---------------------------
    • Noah
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2 8:52 PM
        Paul Archer wrote:
        > Turn on warnings, and you'll have your answer.
        > *Always* turn on warnings, and you'll have your answer much more often.
        >
        > Paul

        thanks Paul - will do.

        cheers,

        Noah
      • Phanidhar
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 4 7:08 AM
          Hi Noah,

          Please replace the operator '==' with 'eq'. It will works..

          Thanks,
          Phani.

          Noah <admin2@...> wrote: Hi