What does $|++ mean?

  • yahj2d2
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2006
      Hi,

      I have a perl program that I am using as an example and at the top of
      the program they have $|++; after the #! /bin/perl.

      Does anyone know what $|++ does, I cannot find it any where.

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2006

        yahj2d2> Hi,
        yahj2d2> I have a perl program that I am using as an example and at the top of
        yahj2d2> the program they have $|++; after the #! /bin/perl.

        yahj2d2> Does anyone know what $|++ does, I cannot find it any where.

        "perldoc perlvar" describes what $| is. "perldoc perlop" describes "++".

        You should be able to put those together.