Re: [PBML] Is it them or me? - Ouch!

  • Mike Southern
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 29, 2006
      On 7/29/06 1:36 PM, penscawn at penscawn@... wrote:

      > 1. Are there lists anywhere of words/characters that cause an error so
      > I can start with other than a blank sheet?

      Not really. It's subjective - you will possibly find that punctuation marks
      cause errors if not trapped. But that's half the battle with a generic form
      and you really have to test some data out to establish its limits.

      > 2. On a related but different point, is it possible to have the
      > results of a form [like my radio data] sent to a database which I can
      > then interrogate?

      Yes it is. Right now your script receives the form data and compiles it into
      a listing and emails it somewhere. To add it to a database you would take
      the same data, assign it to field values, and enter each form entry as a new
      record. The actual technicalities of performing that depend on what database
      engine you are using and how you design your database.