Re: New to PERL

  • avnit singh
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 6, 2006
      you can go to bushtorrent.com search for perl ebooks and download it
      and read
      avnit

      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Somesh" <somseck_j@...> wrote:

      > Hello everybody,
      >
      > I am a very new learner to PERL.
      > Plz let me know the right resources for it.
      >
      > Regrds,
      > Som

    • kalyanraj
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 6, 2006
        Hi All,

        Groups are started to share things which we don't know or provide solutions
        quickly if we're stuck somewhere in the middle.

        There are many people who are new to language and want to know about the
        exact resources where they can learn quickly.

        We must not be harsh on them saying like that "they are wasting our time by
        sending mails to the groups". If you know something share with someone (
        probably after sometime they may find code written by someone useful for
        them).

        Sam ..tell me ... how many times did you open "Google" to search for code
        snippets or any other related material. Aren't you wasting the computer &
        company resources for searching ( which may or maynot be useful for your
        project)

        Here are some good resources to start with

        Go to site http://learn.perl.org/ and start reading the book Beginning Perl
        by simon cozens. Its very useful for beginners
        (http://www.perl.org/books/beginning-perl/)

        Thanks,
        KalyanRaj

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 6, 2006

          See the resources listed in http://learn.perl.org

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 6, 2006

            avnit> you can go to [deleted] search for perl ebooks and download it
            avnit> and read

            And most of those are illegal. See the archives for this newsgroup for my
            feelings on that, but in short, SHAME ON YOU FOR EVEN SUGGESTING THIS.

          • Kilaru Sambaiah
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 6, 2006
              --- avnit singh <avnit_99@...> wrote:

              > you can go to bushtorrent.com search for perl ebooks
              > and download it
              > and read
              > avnit

              Hi,
              Books are very cheap in India ( Rs 120 for learning
              perl or $3 ). Nothing like having dead tree book
              than pdf to read, apart from it is illegal.
              sam

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Kumar Devan
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 12, 2006
                Hi all,

                I am new to PERL programming from Chennai...

                I want to know which one is the hot in the industry weather PERL on UNIX .....or PERL on LINUX......

                please gudie me...

                Regards
                Kumar Devan

              • Jabir Ahmed
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 12, 2006
                  If your trying to learn perl then its the same learning curve on unix and linux..

                  and frankly thres no diff in perl code if its unix/linux.

                  jab

                  --
                  "a single conversation across the table with a wise man is worth a month's study of books."
                  ---