Re: [PBML] New to PERL

  • Kilaru Sambaiah
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 6, 2006
      A linux or Unix system or Windows with
      perl install

      Learning perl book

      No email to email list for one to two months.

      If you are new learning, learn. Why are you
      wasting time on emails. I may be harsh, but it
      is true.
      sam

      --- Somesh <somseck_j@...> wrote:

      > Hello everybody,
      >
      > I am a very new learner to PERL.
      > Plz let me know the right resources for it.
      >
      > Regrds,
      > Som

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • avnit singh
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 6, 2006
        you can go to bushtorrent.com search for perl ebooks and download it
        and read
        avnit

        --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Somesh" <somseck_j@...> wrote:

        > Hello everybody,
        >
        > I am a very new learner to PERL.
        > Plz let me know the right resources for it.
        >
        > Regrds,
        > Som

      • kalyanraj
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 6, 2006
          Hi All,

          Groups are started to share things which we don't know or provide solutions
          quickly if we're stuck somewhere in the middle.

          There are many people who are new to language and want to know about the
          exact resources where they can learn quickly.

          We must not be harsh on them saying like that "they are wasting our time by
          sending mails to the groups". If you know something share with someone (
          probably after sometime they may find code written by someone useful for
          them).

          Sam ..tell me ... how many times did you open "Google" to search for code
          snippets or any other related material. Aren't you wasting the computer &
          company resources for searching ( which may or maynot be useful for your
          project)

          Here are some good resources to start with

          Go to site http://learn.perl.org/ and start reading the book Beginning Perl
          by simon cozens. Its very useful for beginners
          (http://www.perl.org/books/beginning-perl/)

          Thanks,
          KalyanRaj

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 6, 2006

            See the resources listed in http://learn.perl.org

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 6, 2006

              avnit> you can go to [deleted] search for perl ebooks and download it
              avnit> and read

              And most of those are illegal. See the archives for this newsgroup for my
              feelings on that, but in short, SHAME ON YOU FOR EVEN SUGGESTING THIS.

            • Kilaru Sambaiah
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 6, 2006
                --- avnit singh <avnit_99@...> wrote:

                > you can go to bushtorrent.com search for perl ebooks
                > and download it
                > and read
                > avnit

                Hi,
                Books are very cheap in India ( Rs 120 for learning
                perl or $3 ). Nothing like having dead tree book
                than pdf to read, apart from it is illegal.
                sam

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Kumar Devan
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 12, 2006
                  Hi all,

                  I am new to PERL programming from Chennai...

                  I want to know which one is the hot in the industry weather PERL on UNIX .....or PERL on LINUX......

                  please gudie me...

                  Regards
                  Kumar Devan

                • Jabir Ahmed
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 12, 2006
                    If your trying to learn perl then its the same learning curve on unix and linux..

                    and frankly thres no diff in perl code if its unix/linux.

                    jab

                    --
                    "a single conversation across the table with a wise man is worth a month's study of books."
                    ---