Re: [PBML] Files list

  • Jabir Ahmed
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
      try using

      this would store the contents of the dir in @files as an array

      jab

      sachin gupta <gupta_sachin17@...> wrote: You can use
      use File::Listing qw(parse_dir);
      for (parse_dir(`ls -l`)) {
      ($name, $type, $size, $mtime, $mode) = @$_;
      next if $type ne 'f'; # plain file
      #...
      }

      for more info refer search.cpan.org

      --- tnas <nascimentothiago@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Do someone know tell me if exists a .pm with one
      > function that list the
      > files of the a directory?
      >
      > Thanks and regards

      http://mail.yahoo.com

      Phone (mobile) : +91-98861 36420
      E-Mail: jabirahmed@..., jabirahmed@...
      --
      "To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target.
      ---

    • tnas
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
        What the @$_ variable do? What it mean?

        Jabir Ahmed escreveu:

        > try using
        >
        > this would store the contents of the dir in @files as an array
        >
        > jab
        >
        > sachin gupta <gupta_sachin17@...
        > <mailto:gupta_sachin17%40yahoo.com>> wrote: You can use
        > use File::Listing qw(parse_dir);
        > for (parse_dir(`ls -l`)) {
        > ($name, $type, $size, $mtime, $mode) = @$_;
        > next if $type ne 'f'; # plain file
        > #...
        > }
        >
        > for more info refer search.cpan.org
        >
        > --- tnas <nascimentothiago@...
        > <mailto:nascimentothiago%40yahoo.com.br>> wrote:
        >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > Do someone know tell me if exists a .pm with one
        > > function that list the
        > > files of the a directory?
        > >
        > > Thanks and regards

        > Phone (mobile) : +91-98861 36420
        > E-Mail: jabirahmed@... <mailto:jabirahmed%40yahoo.com>,
        > jabirahmed@... <mailto:jabirahmed%40gmail.com>
        > --
        > "To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you
        > hit the target.
        > ---

      • Mr. Shawn H. Corey
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
          tnas wrote:
          > What the @$_ variable do? What it mean?

          If the variable $_ contains a reference to an array, this will
          dereference it. It is the same as writing @{ $_ }

          #!/usr/bin/perl

          use strict;
          use warnings;

          my @array = qw( a b c );
          $_ = \@array;

          for my $item ( @$_ ){
          print "$item\n";
          }

          __END__

          Similarly, if $_ contains a reference to a hash, %$_ will dereference
          the hash.

          --
          __END__

          Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
          --- Shawn

          "For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by
          doing them."
          Aristotle

          * A searchable perldoc is at http://perldoc.perl.org/
        • tnas
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
            thanks

            Mr. Shawn H. Corey escreveu:

            > tnas wrote:
            > > What the @$_ variable do? What it mean?
            > >

            > If the variable $_ contains a reference to an array, this will
            > dereference it. It is the same as writing @{ $_ }
            >
            > #!/usr/bin/perl
            >
            > use strict;
            > use warnings;
            >
            > my @array = qw( a b c );
            > $_ = \@array;
            >
            > for my $item ( @$_ ){
            > print "$item\n";
            > }
            >
            > __END__
            >
            > Similarly, if $_ contains a reference to a hash, %$_ will dereference
            > the hash.
            >
            > --
            > __END__
            >
            > Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
            > --- Shawn
            >
            > "For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by
            > doing them."
            > Aristotle
            >
            > * Perl tutorials at http://perlmonks.org/?node=Tutorials
            > <http://perlmonks.org/?node=Tutorials>
            > * A searchable perldoc is at http://perldoc.perl.org/
            > <http://perldoc.perl.org/>

          • Prasanna Goupal
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 5, 2006
              Hi,

              I am creating graphs using following programs, but i am getting following error, do you have any idea about it?

              Error :

              Can't locate object method "png" via package "GD::Image" at /proj/Httpd/cgi-bin/show_image.pl line 76.

              Code :

              my $mygraph = '';
              if($type){
              $mygraph = GD::Graph::lines->new(300, 200);
              } else {
              $mygraph = GD::Graph::lines->new(500, 350);
              }
              $mygraph->set(
              x_label => 'Year',
              y_label => 'Trend',
              title => $lable,
              line_types => [1,1,1],
              line_width => 2,
              dclrs => ['green','red','blue'],
              ) or warn $mygraph->error;
              $mygraph->set_legend_font(GD::gdMediumBoldFont);
              $mygraph->set_legend($cus_param1,$cus_param2);
              my $myimage = $mygraph->plot(\@data) or die $mygraph->error;
              print $myimage->png;

            • Mr. Shawn H. Corey
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 5, 2006
                Prasanna Goupal wrote:
                > Hi,
                >
                > I am creating graphs using following programs, but i am getting following error, do you have any idea about it?
                >
                > Error :
                >
                > Can't locate object method "png" via package "GD::Image" at /proj/Httpd/cgi-bin/show_image.pl line 76.

                Older versions of GD::Image do not create PNGs. Check the version with:
                perl -MGD -e 'print $GD::VERSION, "\n"' It must be 1.20 or greater.

                Can you save it as a GIF file?

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 5, 2006
                  Hi,

                  Thanks for your support.. I got the cause.. When we install GD module on the server, it asks for different suporrted formats, and i found that png support was banned.

                  Once again Thanks.

                  Regards,
                  Prasanna A. Goupal