Re: [PBML] Files list

  • Mr. Shawn H. Corey
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
      tnas wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Do someone know tell me if exists a .pm with one function that list the
      > files of the a directory?
      >
      > Thanks and regards

      See `perldoc File::Find`

      --
      __END__

      Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
      --- Shawn

      "For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by
      doing them."
      Aristotle

      * A searchable perldoc is at http://perldoc.perl.org/
    • Jabir Ahmed
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
        try using

        this would store the contents of the dir in @files as an array

        jab

        sachin gupta <gupta_sachin17@...> wrote: You can use
        use File::Listing qw(parse_dir);
        for (parse_dir(`ls -l`)) {
        ($name, $type, $size, $mtime, $mode) = @$_;
        next if $type ne 'f'; # plain file
        #...
        }

        for more info refer search.cpan.org

        --- tnas <nascimentothiago@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Do someone know tell me if exists a .pm with one
        > function that list the
        > files of the a directory?
        >
        > Thanks and regards

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        Phone (mobile) : +91-98861 36420
        E-Mail: jabirahmed@..., jabirahmed@...
        --
        "To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target.
        ---

      • tnas
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
          What the @$_ variable do? What it mean?

          Jabir Ahmed escreveu:

          > try using
          >
          > this would store the contents of the dir in @files as an array
          >
          > jab
          >
          > sachin gupta <gupta_sachin17@...
          > <mailto:gupta_sachin17%40yahoo.com>> wrote: You can use
          > use File::Listing qw(parse_dir);
          > for (parse_dir(`ls -l`)) {
          > ($name, $type, $size, $mtime, $mode) = @$_;
          > next if $type ne 'f'; # plain file
          > #...
          > }
          >
          > for more info refer search.cpan.org
          >
          > --- tnas <nascimentothiago@...
          > <mailto:nascimentothiago%40yahoo.com.br>> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > Do someone know tell me if exists a .pm with one
          > > function that list the
          > > files of the a directory?
          > >
          > > Thanks and regards

          > Phone (mobile) : +91-98861 36420
          > E-Mail: jabirahmed@... <mailto:jabirahmed%40yahoo.com>,
          > jabirahmed@... <mailto:jabirahmed%40gmail.com>
          > --
          > "To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you
          > hit the target.
          > ---

        • Mr. Shawn H. Corey
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
            tnas wrote:
            > What the @$_ variable do? What it mean?

            If the variable $_ contains a reference to an array, this will
            dereference it. It is the same as writing @{ $_ }

            #!/usr/bin/perl

            use strict;
            use warnings;

            my @array = qw( a b c );
            $_ = \@array;

            for my $item ( @$_ ){
            print "$item\n";
            }

            __END__

            Similarly, if $_ contains a reference to a hash, %$_ will dereference
            the hash.

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
              thanks

              Mr. Shawn H. Corey escreveu:

              > tnas wrote:
              > > What the @$_ variable do? What it mean?
              > >

              > If the variable $_ contains a reference to an array, this will
              > dereference it. It is the same as writing @{ $_ }
              >
              > #!/usr/bin/perl
              >
              > use strict;
              > use warnings;
              >
              > my @array = qw( a b c );
              > $_ = \@array;
              >
              > for my $item ( @$_ ){
              > print "$item\n";
              > }
              >
              > __END__
              >
              > Similarly, if $_ contains a reference to a hash, %$_ will dereference
              > the hash.
              >
              > --
              > __END__
              >
              > Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
              > --- Shawn
              >
              > "For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by
              > doing them."
              > Aristotle
              >
              > * Perl tutorials at http://perlmonks.org/?node=Tutorials
              > <http://perlmonks.org/?node=Tutorials>
              > * A searchable perldoc is at http://perldoc.perl.org/
              > <http://perldoc.perl.org/>

            • Prasanna Goupal
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 5, 2006
                Hi,

                I am creating graphs using following programs, but i am getting following error, do you have any idea about it?

                Error :

                Can't locate object method "png" via package "GD::Image" at /proj/Httpd/cgi-bin/show_image.pl line 76.

                Code :

                my $mygraph = '';
                if($type){
                $mygraph = GD::Graph::lines->new(300, 200);
                } else {
                $mygraph = GD::Graph::lines->new(500, 350);
                }
                $mygraph->set(
                x_label => 'Year',
                y_label => 'Trend',
                title => $lable,
                line_types => [1,1,1],
                line_width => 2,
                dclrs => ['green','red','blue'],
                ) or warn $mygraph->error;
                $mygraph->set_legend_font(GD::gdMediumBoldFont);
                $mygraph->set_legend($cus_param1,$cus_param2);
                my $myimage = $mygraph->plot(\@data) or die $mygraph->error;
                print $myimage->png;

              • Mr. Shawn H. Corey
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 5, 2006
                  Prasanna Goupal wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > I am creating graphs using following programs, but i am getting following error, do you have any idea about it?
                  >
                  > Error :
                  >
                  > Can't locate object method "png" via package "GD::Image" at /proj/Httpd/cgi-bin/show_image.pl line 76.

                  Older versions of GD::Image do not create PNGs. Check the version with:
                  perl -MGD -e 'print $GD::VERSION, "\n"' It must be 1.20 or greater.

                  Can you save it as a GIF file?

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 5, 2006
                    Hi,

                    Thanks for your support.. I got the cause.. When we install GD module on the server, it asks for different suporrted formats, and i found that png support was banned.

                    Once again Thanks.

                    Regards,
                    Prasanna A. Goupal