Re: [PBML] Files list

  • sachin gupta
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
      You can use
      use File::Listing qw(parse_dir);
      for (parse_dir(`ls -l`)) {
      ($name, $type, $size, $mtime, $mode) = @$_;
      next if $type ne 'f'; # plain file
      #...
      }

      for more info refer search.cpan.org

      --- tnas <nascimentothiago@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Do someone know tell me if exists a .pm with one
      > function that list the
      > files of the a directory?
      >
      > Thanks and regards

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Mr. Shawn H. Corey
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
        tnas wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Do someone know tell me if exists a .pm with one function that list the
        > files of the a directory?
        >
        > Thanks and regards

        See `perldoc File::Find`

        --
        __END__

        Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
        --- Shawn

        "For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by
        doing them."
        Aristotle

        * A searchable perldoc is at http://perldoc.perl.org/
      • Jabir Ahmed
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
          try using

          this would store the contents of the dir in @files as an array

          jab

          sachin gupta <gupta_sachin17@...> wrote: You can use
          use File::Listing qw(parse_dir);
          for (parse_dir(`ls -l`)) {
          ($name, $type, $size, $mtime, $mode) = @$_;
          next if $type ne 'f'; # plain file
          #...
          }

          for more info refer search.cpan.org

          --- tnas <nascimentothiago@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > Do someone know tell me if exists a .pm with one
          > function that list the
          > files of the a directory?
          >
          > Thanks and regards

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          Phone (mobile) : +91-98861 36420
          E-Mail: jabirahmed@..., jabirahmed@...
          --
          "To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target.
          ---

        • tnas
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
            What the @$_ variable do? What it mean?

            Jabir Ahmed escreveu:

            > try using
            >
            > this would store the contents of the dir in @files as an array
            >
            > jab
            >
            > sachin gupta <gupta_sachin17@...
            > <mailto:gupta_sachin17%40yahoo.com>> wrote: You can use
            > use File::Listing qw(parse_dir);
            > for (parse_dir(`ls -l`)) {
            > ($name, $type, $size, $mtime, $mode) = @$_;
            > next if $type ne 'f'; # plain file
            > #...
            > }
            >
            > for more info refer search.cpan.org
            >
            > --- tnas <nascimentothiago@...
            > <mailto:nascimentothiago%40yahoo.com.br>> wrote:
            >
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > Do someone know tell me if exists a .pm with one
            > > function that list the
            > > files of the a directory?
            > >
            > > Thanks and regards

            > Phone (mobile) : +91-98861 36420
            > E-Mail: jabirahmed@... <mailto:jabirahmed%40yahoo.com>,
            > jabirahmed@... <mailto:jabirahmed%40gmail.com>
            > --
            > "To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you
            > hit the target.
            > ---

          • Mr. Shawn H. Corey
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
              tnas wrote:
              > What the @$_ variable do? What it mean?

              If the variable $_ contains a reference to an array, this will
              dereference it. It is the same as writing @{ $_ }

              #!/usr/bin/perl

              use strict;
              use warnings;

              my @array = qw( a b c );
              $_ = \@array;

              for my $item ( @$_ ){
              print "$item\n";
              }

              __END__

              Similarly, if $_ contains a reference to a hash, %$_ will dereference
              the hash.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
                thanks

                Mr. Shawn H. Corey escreveu:

                > tnas wrote:
                > > What the @$_ variable do? What it mean?
                > >

                > If the variable $_ contains a reference to an array, this will
                > dereference it. It is the same as writing @{ $_ }
                >
                > #!/usr/bin/perl
                >
                > use strict;
                > use warnings;
                >
                > my @array = qw( a b c );
                > $_ = \@array;
                >
                > for my $item ( @$_ ){
                > print "$item\n";
                > }
                >
                > __END__
                >
                > Similarly, if $_ contains a reference to a hash, %$_ will dereference
                > the hash.
                >
                > --
                > __END__
                >
                > Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
                > --- Shawn
                >
                > "For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by
                > doing them."
                > Aristotle
                >
                > * Perl tutorials at http://perlmonks.org/?node=Tutorials
                > <http://perlmonks.org/?node=Tutorials>
                > * A searchable perldoc is at http://perldoc.perl.org/
                > <http://perldoc.perl.org/>

              • Prasanna Goupal
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 5, 2006
                  Hi,

                  I am creating graphs using following programs, but i am getting following error, do you have any idea about it?

                  Error :

                  Can't locate object method "png" via package "GD::Image" at /proj/Httpd/cgi-bin/show_image.pl line 76.

                  Code :

                  my $mygraph = '';
                  if($type){
                  $mygraph = GD::Graph::lines->new(300, 200);
                  } else {
                  $mygraph = GD::Graph::lines->new(500, 350);
                  }
                  $mygraph->set(
                  x_label => 'Year',
                  y_label => 'Trend',
                  title => $lable,
                  line_types => [1,1,1],
                  line_width => 2,
                  dclrs => ['green','red','blue'],
                  ) or warn $mygraph->error;
                  $mygraph->set_legend_font(GD::gdMediumBoldFont);
                  $mygraph->set_legend($cus_param1,$cus_param2);
                  my $myimage = $mygraph->plot(\@data) or die $mygraph->error;
                  print $myimage->png;

                • Mr. Shawn H. Corey
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 5, 2006
                    Prasanna Goupal wrote:
                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > I am creating graphs using following programs, but i am getting following error, do you have any idea about it?
                    >
                    > Error :
                    >
                    > Can't locate object method "png" via package "GD::Image" at /proj/Httpd/cgi-bin/show_image.pl line 76.

                    Older versions of GD::Image do not create PNGs. Check the version with:
                    perl -MGD -e 'print $GD::VERSION, "\n"' It must be 1.20 or greater.

                    Can you save it as a GIF file?

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 5, 2006
                      Hi,

                      Thanks for your support.. I got the cause.. When we install GD module on the server, it asks for different suporrted formats, and i found that png support was banned.

                      Once again Thanks.

                      Regards,
                      Prasanna A. Goupal