Files list

  • tnas
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 3 7:25 AM
      Hi,

      Do someone know tell me if exists a .pm with one function that list the
      files of the a directory?

      Thanks and regards
    • sachin gupta
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 3 7:36 AM
        You can use
        use File::Listing qw(parse_dir);
        for (parse_dir(`ls -l`)) {
        ($name, $type, $size, $mtime, $mode) = @$_;
        next if $type ne 'f'; # plain file
        #...
        }

        for more info refer search.cpan.org

        --- tnas <nascimentothiago@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Do someone know tell me if exists a .pm with one
        > function that list the
        > files of the a directory?
        >
        > Thanks and regards

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Mr. Shawn H. Corey
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3 8:15 AM
          tnas wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > Do someone know tell me if exists a .pm with one function that list the
          > files of the a directory?
          >
          > Thanks and regards

          See `perldoc File::Find`

          --
          __END__

          Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
          --- Shawn

          "For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by
          doing them."
          Aristotle

          * A searchable perldoc is at http://perldoc.perl.org/
        • Jabir Ahmed
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 4 1:41 AM
            try using

            this would store the contents of the dir in @files as an array

            jab

            sachin gupta <gupta_sachin17@...> wrote: You can use
            use File::Listing qw(parse_dir);
            for (parse_dir(`ls -l`)) {
            ($name, $type, $size, $mtime, $mode) = @$_;
            next if $type ne 'f'; # plain file
            #...
            }

            for more info refer search.cpan.org

            --- tnas <nascimentothiago@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > Do someone know tell me if exists a .pm with one
            > function that list the
            > files of the a directory?
            >
            > Thanks and regards

            http://mail.yahoo.com

            Phone (mobile) : +91-98861 36420
            E-Mail: jabirahmed@..., jabirahmed@...
            --
            "To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target.
            ---

          • tnas
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 4 3:51 AM
              What the @$_ variable do? What it mean?

              Jabir Ahmed escreveu:

              > try using
              >
              > this would store the contents of the dir in @files as an array
              >
              > jab
              >
              > sachin gupta <gupta_sachin17@...
              > <mailto:gupta_sachin17%40yahoo.com>> wrote: You can use
              > use File::Listing qw(parse_dir);
              > for (parse_dir(`ls -l`)) {
              > ($name, $type, $size, $mtime, $mode) = @$_;
              > next if $type ne 'f'; # plain file
              > #...
              > }
              >
              > for more info refer search.cpan.org
              >
              > --- tnas <nascimentothiago@...
              > <mailto:nascimentothiago%40yahoo.com.br>> wrote:
              >
              > > Hi,
              > >
              > > Do someone know tell me if exists a .pm with one
              > > function that list the
              > > files of the a directory?
              > >
              > > Thanks and regards

              > Phone (mobile) : +91-98861 36420
              > E-Mail: jabirahmed@... <mailto:jabirahmed%40yahoo.com>,
              > jabirahmed@... <mailto:jabirahmed%40gmail.com>
              > --
              > "To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you
              > hit the target.
              > ---

            • Mr. Shawn H. Corey
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 4 5:21 AM
                tnas wrote:
                > What the @$_ variable do? What it mean?

                If the variable $_ contains a reference to an array, this will
                dereference it. It is the same as writing @{ $_ }

                #!/usr/bin/perl

                use strict;
                use warnings;

                my @array = qw( a b c );
                $_ = \@array;

                for my $item ( @$_ ){
                print "$item\n";
                }

                __END__

                Similarly, if $_ contains a reference to a hash, %$_ will dereference
                the hash.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 4 5:35 AM
                  thanks

                  Mr. Shawn H. Corey escreveu:

                  > tnas wrote:
                  > > What the @$_ variable do? What it mean?
                  > >

                  > If the variable $_ contains a reference to an array, this will
                  > dereference it. It is the same as writing @{ $_ }
                  >
                  > #!/usr/bin/perl
                  >
                  > use strict;
                  > use warnings;
                  >
                  > my @array = qw( a b c );
                  > $_ = \@array;
                  >
                  > for my $item ( @$_ ){
                  > print "$item\n";
                  > }
                  >
                  > __END__
                  >
                  > Similarly, if $_ contains a reference to a hash, %$_ will dereference
                  > the hash.
                  >
                  > --
                  > __END__
                  >
                  > Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
                  > --- Shawn
                  >
                  > "For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by
                  > doing them."
                  > Aristotle
                  >
                  > * Perl tutorials at http://perlmonks.org/?node=Tutorials
                  > <http://perlmonks.org/?node=Tutorials>
                  > * A searchable perldoc is at http://perldoc.perl.org/
                  > <http://perldoc.perl.org/>

                • Prasanna Goupal
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 5 3:08 AM
                    Hi,

                    I am creating graphs using following programs, but i am getting following error, do you have any idea about it?

                    Error :

                    Can't locate object method "png" via package "GD::Image" at /proj/Httpd/cgi-bin/show_image.pl line 76.

                    Code :

                    my $mygraph = '';
                    if($type){
                    $mygraph = GD::Graph::lines->new(300, 200);
                    } else {
                    $mygraph = GD::Graph::lines->new(500, 350);
                    }
                    $mygraph->set(
                    x_label => 'Year',
                    y_label => 'Trend',
                    title => $lable,
                    line_types => [1,1,1],
                    line_width => 2,
                    dclrs => ['green','red','blue'],
                    ) or warn $mygraph->error;
                    $mygraph->set_legend_font(GD::gdMediumBoldFont);
                    $mygraph->set_legend($cus_param1,$cus_param2);
                    my $myimage = $mygraph->plot(\@data) or die $mygraph->error;
                    print $myimage->png;

                  • Mr. Shawn H. Corey
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 5 4:04 AM
                      Prasanna Goupal wrote:
                      > Hi,
                      >
                      > I am creating graphs using following programs, but i am getting following error, do you have any idea about it?
                      >
                      > Error :
                      >
                      > Can't locate object method "png" via package "GD::Image" at /proj/Httpd/cgi-bin/show_image.pl line 76.

                      Older versions of GD::Image do not create PNGs. Check the version with:
                      perl -MGD -e 'print $GD::VERSION, "\n"' It must be 1.20 or greater.

                      Can you save it as a GIF file?

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 5 5:17 AM
                        Hi,

                        Thanks for your support.. I got the cause.. When we install GD module on the server, it asks for different suporrted formats, and i found that png support was banned.

                        Once again Thanks.

                        Regards,
                        Prasanna A. Goupal