Installing Perl2exe for Linux

  • joshypy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2006
      Did anybody tried to install perl2exe for Linux. I tried with Fedora
      core 3. I was not able to follow the installaion procedure in user
      manual correctly. Especially the adding PATH. Could anyone give a
      better instructions.

      Joshy
    • kenshail2003
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 9, 2006
        --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "joshypy" <joshypy@...> wrote:

        > Did anybody tried to install perl2exe for Linux. I tried with
        Fedora
        > core 3. I was not able to follow the installaion procedure in user
        > manual correctly. Especially the adding PATH. Could anyone give a
        > better instructions.
        >
        > Joshy

        Joshy
        This is described on their website and works. I have installed it on
        RH9 and SuSe10.0 without problems.
        There is a small typo in the path bit.
        "Add ~/per2exe and ~/perl2exe/perl5/bin to your path."
        should say
        "Add ~/perl2exe and ~/perl2exe/perl5/bin to your path."
        The syntax for adding is
        PATH=~/perl2exe:~/perl2exe/perl5/bin:$PATH
        That prepends it to the existing path so it get seen first.
        I only install as a normal user.
        This way you will keep perl2exe libraries separate from the resident
        perl of the OS.
        When you add modules you use the same addition to the path amd then
        follow step 6 of their instructions.
        If you don't permanently add the perl2exe directories to your path
        you will need to invoke perl2exe as follows:
        ~/perl2exe/perl2exe -platform=Linux myprog.pl myprog