Re: [PBML] Re: File lookup?

  • Alan_C
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 6, 2006
      On Tuesday 06 June 2006 13:24, DigiDoc wrote:
      > Thanks for the links.

      [ > > Perl Tk - works on Linux and windoze ]

      (if you quote a bit of context, it makes it easier for me (+ probably some
      others) to track this thread and to then offer any help if I have any help to
      offer.

      > I was looking at that, but couldn't find a nice front end that lets you
      > work visually. The GUI Loft let's you do things visually, then
      > generates the code for you. Is there something in tk that does that, or
      > am I missing something? Or at the very least, some application that has
      > some kind of code snippets that are easy to insert?
      >
      > My goal is to develop code as rapidly as possible since I'll have a lot
      > to crank out.

      There's WX Widgets. It has drag and drop (for the builder). It's cross
      platform ie Win, Linux, etc. There's article on WX Widgets in the
      latest "The Perl Review" (for subscribers) hey it's reasonable enough and I
      look forward to each issue's arrival. (I've no affiliation, just a
      subscriber).

      http://www.theperlreview.com/

      The summer issue has article on WX Widgets.

      Other than what I've shared, I know nothing about WX. I want to try it but
      it'll be + few weeks until I do due to other business currently.

      --
      Alan.