cannot restore segment prot after reloc

  • Nicolae Ghimbovschi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2006
      Dear all,
      am a newbie in perl , and I get the error while compiling
      syncupdates source from ftp.ripe.net, it's a web interface for
      updating a whois server database. It's using perl modules.
      I'm running Fedora Core 5 with perl v5.8.8 built for
      i386-linux-thread-multi. And I get an unusual error, which I
      don't know how to handle

      [xfreebird@xmachine syncupdates-1.0.1]$ ./configure
      checking for gawk... gawk
      checking for gcc... gcc
      checking for suffix of executables...
      checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
      checking for library containing strerror... none required
      checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
      checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
      checking for egrep... grep -E
      checking for ANSI C header files... yes
      checking for sys/types.h... yes
      checking for sys/stat.h... yes
      checking for stdlib.h... yes
      checking for string.h... yes
      checking for memory.h... yes
      checking for strings.h... yes
      checking for inttypes.h... yes
      checking for stdint.h... yes
      checking for unistd.h... yes
      checking arpa/inet.h usability... yes
      checking arpa/inet.h presence... yes
      checking for arpa/inet.h... yes
      checking fcntl.h usability... yes
      checking fcntl.h presence... yes
      checking for fcntl.h... yes
      checking netinet/in.h usability... yes
      checking netinet/in.h presence... yes
      checking for netinet/in.h... yes
      checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
      checking for string.h... (cached) yes
      checking sys/socket.h usability... yes
      checking sys/socket.h presence... yes
      checking for sys/socket.h... yes
      checking sys/time.h usability... yes
      checking sys/time.h presence... yes
      checking for sys/time.h... yes
      checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
      checking for pid_t... yes
      checking for size_t... yes
      checking for glib-config... /usr/bin/glib-config
      checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... yes
      checking cgi-util.h usability... yes
      checking cgi-util.h presence... yes
      checking for cgi-util.h... yes
      checking for cgi_init in -lcgi-util... yes
      checking for library containing inet_ntoa... none required
      checking for library containing socket... none required
      checking for ps... /bin/ps
      checking for arguments to ps... -eo pid,comm
      checking for bash... /bin/sh
      checking for dbupdate... /opt/whois/bin/dbupdate
      checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
      checking whether perl is the version we like... yes
      checking for perl Mail::Mailer module... yes
      checking for perl LWP::Simple module... yes
      checking for perl LWP::UserAgent module... yes
      checking for perl HTTP::Request::Common module... yes
      checking for perl Cache::FileCache module... yes
      checking for perl Crypt::Simple module... yes
      checking for perl IO::Socket::INET module... yes
      checking for perl Getopt::Std module... yes
      checking for perl CGI::Application module... yes
      checking for perl Net::Whois::RIPE::RPSL module... Can't load
      '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Net/Whois/RIPE/RPSL/RPSL.so'
      for module Net::Whois::RIPE::RPSL:
      /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Net/Whois/RIPE/RPSL/RPSL.so:
      cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied at
      /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
      at -e line 1
      Compilation failed in require at -e line 1.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1.
      configure: error: perl Net::Whois::RIPE::RPSL module not found

      Best Regards,
      Nicolae