Re: [PBML] Very urgent req of Candidates with Valid H-1B Visa

  • Peter Dominey
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
      This is illegal. You cannot ask only for H-1B visa holders, you can ask for
      only those that are valid for work, that includes 'US Citizens'.

      This is a clear demonstration of the misuse & abuse of the H-1B Visa system
      ad should be passed on to the appropriate authorities.

      Yours sincerely

      P Dominey

      On Thursday 01 June 2006 06:32, Nandini wrote:
      > Hi All,
      >
      > Magna Infotech is a premier IT company with offices and development
      > centers in USA, Europe and India. In India, Magna Infotech has offices
      > in Hyderabad, Bangalore, New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkatta and Pune.
      >
      > Magna Infotech is an ISO 9001:2000 certified company. You could learn
      > more about Magna at www.magnai.com.
      >
      > Magna Infotech is looking for candidates experienced with the
      > following skill sets for our USA operations:
      >
      > · Oracle – PL/SQL, Pro*C, ETL, certification is a plus
      > · Oracle Apps. – Technical and Functional
      > · Database Administration – Oracle Apps, Oracle 9i/10G, Sybase
      > · Java – EJB, Swing, Struts, Portal, Hibernate on Weblogic/Websphere
      > · .NET – VB.NET, ASP.NET, C#, Winforms, certification preferred
      > · Tivoli Administration (preferably with AIX)
      > · Websphere/Weblogic Administration with Solaris
      > · SAP – Functional FI/CO, HR modules
      > · EAI - Manugistics
      > · Data Warehousing - Informatica, Cognos, Ab Initio, Business Objects
      >

      > We would ideally like the candidate to have the following:
      >
      > · A degree from a reputed university
      > · A minimum of 4+ years of paid work experience in the field of
      > expertise
      > · Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
      >

      > If you have the required skills and are interested in joining Magna
      > Infotech in the USA, please email us your update resumé at the
      > earliest along with the following details @:nandini@...
      >

      > Your total IT experience:
      > Your skill sets:
      > Your current location:
      > Your contact number:
      > Expected salary in US Dollars:
      > Your visa details, if any:
      >
      > Magna Infotech offers a compensation package that includes a
      > competitive salary and benefits. We will be happy to provide you with
      > more information once we hear from you.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Nandini
      > Magna Infotech, Chennai
      > Ph. 42123617 or 24731286
      > nandini@...
      > www.magnai.com
      >

      > Unsubscribing info is here:

      > Scanned for Viruses! mail.dominey.biz

      > Scanned for Viruses! mail.dominey.biz

      | P J Dominey |
      | Independent UNIX Contractor |
      | |
      | E-Mail: pdominey@... |
      | Web Site: www.pdrinformationsolutions.com (www.pdris.com) |
      | |
      | Tel: 817-488-5957 |
      | Yahoo IM: pdominey |
      | AOL IM: peterdominey |
      Scanned for Viruses! mail.dominey.biz

      Scanned for Viruses! mail.dominey.biz
    • Mike Southern
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
        It's not perl, so I'll also keep it short. The poster did not ask for ONLY
        H-1B visa holders, they asked for (as subj line) " Very urgent req of
        Candidates with Valid H-1B Visa". This is an international list. The post is
        not restricted to the US and so such a proposition is not illegal; they are
        not seeking to employ US residents, but people from abroad wishing to enter
        the US and work using this class of visa.

        It may suck, but it's not illegal, and it is precisely why the H-1B visa
        exists.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006

          Mike> It's not perl, so I'll also keep it short.

          In any event, it's also *off topic* for a technical discussion list, so would
          you really want to work for such a company without a clue? I'll stop just
          short of calling this company a spammer. Would you want to work for a
          spammer?