Re: [PBML] DBD-ODBC for Windows ?

  • Ken Shail
    Message 1 of 12 , May 24, 2006
      >What does it do if you use a servername instead of the IP address?

      No difference.

      >Try to create and test the DSN. Does that work?

      Yes, I used the instructions at
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300596&sd=tech
      Then it no longer returned errors.
      It finally managed to add the table once also I set
      AutoCommit=>1

      >If yes start regedit.exe and go to
      >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI and look at the key named
      >after your DNS. What options do you see there? Try to copy them in
      >your connection string.

      I didnt see any "options", but it was already working.

      Thanks for your help. I now have both DBD:ODBC and Win32::SqlServer both
      working with a remote MS SQL server.