RE: [PBML] problem in reading data from file (file handling )

  • KalyanRaj
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2006
      Yes, you can use different filehandlers to read and write to a file.

      #!/usr/local/bin/perl

      open (MYFILE, 'file_me.txt');
      open (OUTFILE,'>>out_me.txt');
      while (<MYFILE>)
      {
      chomp;
      print OUTFILE "$_\n";

      }

      close (MYFILE);
      close (OUTFILE);

      Kalyan

      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2006

        KalyanRaj> Yes, you can use different filehandlers to read and write to a file.
        KalyanRaj> #!/usr/local/bin/perl

        KalyanRaj> open (MYFILE, 'file_me.txt');
        KalyanRaj> open (OUTFILE,'>>out_me.txt');

        Always check the return value of open.

        open MYFILE, "file_me.txt" or die "Cannot open file_me.txt: $!";

        and so on.