Re: [PBML] Regarding flat file access vs. database

  • Marty Landman
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2006
      At 10:03 AM 4/5/2006, Roman Daszczyszak wrote:

      >What do you all think? Flat file or database?

      That's up to you Roman. With low volume as you seem to be talking about a
      flat file may actually be more efficient. Future application development
      may be slowed down though compared to the commands readily available with a
      DBMS, and Mysql is free and easy to install so the choice is yours.

      >Do you know of a couple good modules that can help me with this?

      I've just released a Perl app of mine which might help. The link is in my
      sig below and it includes the packages DB.pm and Flat.pm. The way you'd use
      it in this case is include whichever you wish depending on whether you're
      going to run Mysql or a flat file DB. There are some basic methods already
      coded.

      Marty

      --
      Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387
      Free Database Search App: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml