Re: [PBML] Perl Garbage Collector

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2006
      >>>>> "joshypy" == joshypy <joshypy@...> writes:

      joshypy> Anybody has any idea about the Perl Garbage Collector. Give me Some
      joshypy> tips to know and how to implement it in programs. I hope it helps in
      joshypy> clearing the memory while the program is running.

      Perl doesn't have a garbage collector. It uses reference counting. In
      general, you won't have to worry about it, because Perl automatically reuses
      any memory no longer being used by your variables. Under rare circumstances,
      you can create memory structures (using self-referential references) that
      might leak memory, but if you need such structures, you can use Weak
      references instead and still get nearly all the functionality you need.