insertion of data in files

  • Mirza Abdullah Jan
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2006
      I have two file, first.txt and second.txt
      first.txt
      Hello i am first text file
      -----------
      -------
      ---

      Second.txt
      Hello i am second text file
      --------
      -------
      -------

      i want to insert data from first.txt into second.txt (The data from
      first.txt must be insert first row of second.txt)

      Thanks
      MIRZA ABDULLAH JAN
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2006

        Mirza> I have two file, first.txt and second.txt
        Mirza> first.txt
        Mirza> Hello i am first text file
        Mirza> -----------
        Mirza> -------
        Mirza> ---

        Mirza> Second.txt
        Mirza> Hello i am second text file
        Mirza> --------
        Mirza> -------
        Mirza> -------

        Mirza> i want to insert data from first.txt into second.txt (The data from
        Mirza> first.txt must be insert first row of second.txt)

        The simplest (but not most efficient, except from a programmer's perspective)
        is Tie::File:

        use Tie::File;
        tie @file1, 'Tie::File', "filename1" or die " ... ";
        tie @file2, 'Tie::File', "filename2" or die " ... ";