Re: [PBML] sorting of array

  • Mirza Abdullah Jan
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2006
      Yes, 4th column of each array element is number.

      anguilla1969@... wrote: Mirza,

      Is the number always in the 4th column of each array element or are we assuming you may have more numbers for each unique element.

      - Sean

      From: "Mirza Abdullah Jan" <jan576pk@...>
      HI all

      suppose any array contains following element as shown.

      $sortarr[0] = a b f 2 x y z
      $sortarr[1] = a b h 5 x y z
      $sortarr[2] = a b x 8 x y z
      $sortarr[3] = a b p 6 x y z
      $sortarr[4] = a b q 3 x y z

      i want to sort the array through numeric values (same positoin as
      hown aoble) .The output should be like this

      $sortarr[0] = a b x 8 x y z
      $sortarr[1] = a b p 6 x y z
      $sortarr[2] = a b h 5 x y z
      $sortarr[3] = a b q 3 x y z
      $sortarr[4] = a b f 2 x y z

      when i use sort function , perl simply sort from first character of
      the line.
      I want to sort the lines through my choice character(any where in
      the line).
      Please help me in this regard

      Thanks

      Mirza Abdullah Jan

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      Visit your group "perl-beginner" on the web.

      Basic programming language C programming language Computer programming languages The c programming language C++ programming language List of programming languages