Re: [PBML] Creating a queue in perl

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 29, 2006
      >>>>> "wyatt48335" == wyatt48335 <cradomski@...> writes:

      wyatt48335> Could some one point me in the direction of a script that creates
      wyatt48335> and manages a generic queue, that I can submit task for the queue
      wyatt48335> to complete.

      In your head, you may think that what you asked is very very clear. But
      almost every one of those words in your request have many varied meanings
      within computer science, system administration, general production, and a half
      dozen other disciplines.

      You'll need to be a bit more precise. For example, this satisfies
      your request from a CS101 perspective:

      push @queue, $task;

      while (@queue) {
      my $doing = shift @queue;

      But I really don't think that's what you want. I just can't tell *what* you
      want, and how complex you want it to be, and how it would be used.