Re: [PBML] converting IP<->hostname and UID<->username

  • Paul Archer
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2006
      4:01pm, Paul Archer wrote:

      > Can anyone suggest modules that can convert IP addresses to and from
      > hostnames, and UIDs to and from usernames? I've searched CPAN, but I
      > didn't come up with anything.
      > Or should I just call 'getent'? (That works for UID<->username, but not for
      > IP addresses not in the host file...)

      Um, ignore that last comment. I was consistently fat fingering a test IP
      address. (127 != 172)

      Perl elegant? Perl is like your grandfather's garage. Sure, he kept
      most of it tidy to please your grandmother but there was always one
      corner where you could find the most amazing junk. And some days,
      when you were particularly lucky, he'd show you how it worked.
      ----------Shawn Corey <shawn.corey [at] sympatico.ca>--------------