Calling a C function from Perl

  • joshypy
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2006
      Could anybody tell me how to embed a function written in c language in
      perl . i heard its possible using Inline::C . Could anybody provide me
      good examples to start with.

      Joshy
    • eman
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 27, 2006
        Try SWIG[1]. I haven't used it extensively, but i copied the code of
        someone who used it, and it worked. Read the paper[2] for more
        details.

        Hope that helps.

        eman

        [1] http://www.swig.org/

        [2] http://www.swig.org/papers/Perl98/swigperl.htm

        --
        eman
        http://www.bloodpet.tk/
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 28, 2006
          Start by looking on CPAN for Inline::C. You'll find a wealth of examples.
          And yes, it's quite possible. I'm working with another guy from the Houston
          Perl Mongers' Group right now to finish a wrapper of libusb in Perl using
          Inline::C.

          Paul

          4:34am, joshypy wrote:

          > Could anybody tell me how to embed a function written in c language in
          > perl . i heard its possible using Inline::C . Could anybody provide me
          > good examples to start with.
          >
          > Joshy

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          WWJD?