Advice/Tips

  • elizabethgreen2
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2006
      Hello,

      I'm a recruiter searching for software developers with experience in
      Perl. Location of position is Sommerset, NJ. This position is full-
      time permanent with compensation: 70-100K + bonus. My client is opened
      to talking with junior - senior level candidates.
      H1-B transfers welcomed. (Open to relocating candidates - US only)

      I'm having a difficult time finding people who have Perl in their
      background. Any suggestions as to where to go? I've tried Monster,
      Craigslist and Perl.org/jobs. No luck. If you know of anyone, please
      forward this email.

      Thank you for your time.

      Elizabeth

      PS Is there anything similar to Perl?
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2006

        elizabethgreen2> I'm a recruiter searching for software developers with
        elizabethgreen2> experience in Perl. Location of position is Sommerset, NJ.
        elizabethgreen2> This position is full- time permanent with compensation:
        elizabethgreen2> 70-100K + bonus. My client is opened to talking with junior
        elizabethgreen2> - senior level candidates.

        elizabethgreen2> PS Is there anything similar to Perl?

        Perl is easy enough to pick up that anyone with a decade of programming
        experience could probably be productive with Perl in a few weeks, and fluent
        in a few months. The most important part though is having a good sense of
        basic algorithms, data structures, and development discipline (extreme or not
        :).

        So, if you can't find a Perl hacker, try looking for general high-level
        language knowledgable people, in all the normal places. Stop writing "Perl
        experience required" in the req. Perl's not that hard.

      • java jsp
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2006
          you can try in www.jobsahead.com and www.naukri.com.
          There you can find lot of perl developer resumes.
          otherwise post ur job to that site automatically you'll get what ever you want.

          elizabethgreen2 <elizabethgreen2@...> wrote: Hello,

          I'm a recruiter searching for software developers with experience in
          Perl. Location of position is Sommerset, NJ. This position is full-
          time permanent with compensation: 70-100K + bonus. My client is opened
          to talking with junior - senior level candidates.
          H1-B transfers welcomed. (Open to relocating candidates - US only)

          I'm having a difficult time finding people who have Perl in their
          background. Any suggestions as to where to go? I've tried Monster,
          Craigslist and Perl.org/jobs. No luck. If you know of anyone, please
          forward this email.

          Thank you for your time.

          Elizabeth

          PS Is there anything similar to Perl?

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Manolo Marzan
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2006
            Hi,

            I've been using TCL/TK for more than 6 years and it is
            more like Perl scripting.

            Best regards,