Re: [PBML] Calling on script from another

  • Saurabh Jain
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
      Hi ,

      I beleive what u want to know is simply how to run
      some .pl file from some other .pl file.

      The simple command is:

      system "./xyz.pl";

      just make sure that ur xyz.pl is executable.

      warm regards
      Saurabh

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2006

        kiperez> I know this is a simple matter but it eludes me at the moment.
        kiperez> But...
        kiperez> How do I call one PL file from within another script?

        If I understand your question, the answer is:
        The same way you would call any program.

        See system(), exec(), backquotes (qx()), and friewnds.

      • sachin gupta
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2006
          And also if you are not capturing the return value
          then do not use backticks as perl does extra
          processing for it.

          Also take are a few security issues with it

          http://mail.yahoo.com