Calling on script from another

  • kiperez
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
      I know this is a simple matter but it eludes me at the moment.
      But...
      How do I call one PL file from within another script?
      Thanks.
    • Saurabh Jain
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
        Hi ,

        I beleive what u want to know is simply how to run
        some .pl file from some other .pl file.

        The simple command is:

        system "./xyz.pl";

        just make sure that ur xyz.pl is executable.

        warm regards
        Saurabh

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2006

          kiperez> I know this is a simple matter but it eludes me at the moment.
          kiperez> But...
          kiperez> How do I call one PL file from within another script?

          If I understand your question, the answer is:
          The same way you would call any program.

          See system(), exec(), backquotes (qx()), and friewnds.

        • sachin gupta
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2006
            And also if you are not capturing the return value
            then do not use backticks as perl does extra
            processing for it.

            Also take are a few security issues with it

            http://mail.yahoo.com