Re: [PBML] Especial variable

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2006

      Thiago> Somebody could say me what it means the
      Thiago> $;
      Thiago> variable? Which the default value of it? And, how can I to print the value of
      Thiago> it?

      Was the explanation in "perldoc perlvar" not clear enough?

    • Thiago Nascimento
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 27, 2006
        Yeah, but my doubt is the following: Can I to print the default value "\034"?

        --
        nascimento
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 27, 2006

          Thiago> Yeah, but my doubt is the following: Can I to print the default value "\034"?

          What do you mean "print" it? It's a control character, control-backslash. If
          you print it to your terminal, it might do something odd. And then why would
          you want to print it?

          Also, it should mean almost nothing these days. Unless you're using the
          legacy setup of $hash{$key1, $key2}, you'll never be triggering "$;" any more.
          And those have been largely replaced by true hashrefs, like
          $hash{$key1}->{$key2}.