Re: [PBML] Installing CPAN modules to your own private directories

  • Donato Azevedo
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006
      On 2/6/06, buxh42a <buxh42a@...> wrote:

      > Warning: You do not have permissions to install into
      > /opt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.2/PA-RISC2.0 at
      > /opt/perl/lib/5.8.2/ExtUtils/Install.pm line 114.
      > Cannot forceunlink
      > /opt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.2/PA-RISC2.0/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.sl:
      > Permission denied at /opt/perl/lib/5.8.2/File/Find.pm line 856
      > make: *** [pure_site_install] Error 255

      have you tried GREPing the makefile.pl for those directories and then
      editting then to your need?
      (ps: not so sure as to whether that would work ;)

      Donato Azevedo - UFMG - Eng Ctrl Aut
      the first rule of Perl Club is you don't talk about Perl Club
      Slackware user #390325
    • Paul Archer
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006
        4:12pm, buxh42a wrote:

        > Hi
        > I have downloaded a few CPAN modules that I think would help me, but
        > I am having trouble installing them into my own private directories (I
        > don't have permissions to install them into the usual Perl directories).
        >
        > I am trying to install the HTML-Parser module like this:
        >
        > perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=site INSTALLSITELIB=$HOME/perl/private_libs
        >
        > perl -e Makefile.pl

        Why are you running 'perl Makefile.pl' twice? The second time overwrites the
        output generated the first time.

        Also, you might try:
        INSTALLDIRS=site INSTALLSITELIB=$HOME/perl/private_libs perl Makefile.pl

        Paul
      • buxh42a
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006
          This is what I type and get back:

          $ perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=site INSTALLSITELIB=$HOME/perl/private_libs

          Perl-5.7 provide experimental core support for Unicode strings. You
          can compile HTML::Entities so that Unicode entities like € and
          € are decoded into a string containing "\x{20AC}". If you
          select no to the question below such entities will be left alone and
          only entities in the Latin-1 range is decoded.

          Do you want decoding on unicode entities? [no] no
          Writing Makefile for HTML::Parser

          $ make install
          cc -c -Ae -D_HPUX_SOURCE -Wl,+vnocompatwarnings -I/usr/local/include
          -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 +O2 +Onolimit
          -DVERSION=\"3.26\" -DXS_VERSION=\"3.26\" +Z
          "-I/opt/perl/lib/5.8.2/PA-RISC2.0/CORE" -DMARKED_SECTION Parser.c
          cc: "/usr/include/sys/socket.h", line 504: warning 562: Redeclaration
          of "sendfile" with a different storage class specifier: "sendfile"
          will have internal linkage.
          cc: "/usr/include/sys/socket.h", line 505: warning 562: Redeclaration
          of "sendpath" with a different storage class specifier: "sendpath"
          will have internal linkage.
          Running Mkbootstrap for HTML::Parser ()
          chmod 644 Parser.bs
          rm -f blib/arch/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.sl
          LD_RUN_PATH="" /usr/bin/ld -b +vnocompatwarnings -L/usr/local/lib
          Parser.o -o blib/arch/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.sl
          chmod 755 blib/arch/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.sl
          cp Parser.bs blib/arch/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.bs
          chmod 644 blib/arch/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.bs
          Manifying blib/man3/HTML::PullParser.3
          Manifying blib/man3/HTML::Entities.3
          Manifying blib/man3/HTML::Parser.3
          Manifying blib/man3/HTML::TokeParser.3