Web Developer (Perl/CGI) Position - Wilton, CT - Contract to Hire

  • Iqbal
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2006
      Hi,

      We have following requirement for our client in Wilton, CT

      Position : Web Developer

      Duration : Contract-to-Hire (6 Months Contract)

      Location : Wilton, CT

      Roles & Responsibilities:

      The candidate's primary responsibility will be to write the
      supporting back-end PERL code for the marketing tactics. The
      candidate must be able to utilize a functional specification built by
      the internal account team to implement a web-based marketing tactic
      using a proprietary in-house PERL/DB2 framework. Knowledge of
      PERL/CGI in a Unix environment and exposure to a relational database
      is mandatory. Potential candidates must be able to work under the
      direction of a more senior developer who will guide the design and
      development of more complex tactics.

      The candidate must also be to build the HTML and supporting CSS for
      the marketing tactics and internal toolset using either a set of
      stock templates or photo shop mockups. Potential candidates will
      require command of HTML, DHTML, cascading style sheets and
      JavaScript.

      The work environment is fast-paced and dynamic, and as such
      candidates must be nimble and able to adapt to the constant changes
      mandated by the client. As the candidate will not have direct
      contact with the client, strong communication skills are not required.

      Requirements :

      The candidate should have proficiency in the following areas:

      Linux or some other variant of Unix (HP, Sun Solaris, Suse)
      PERL CGI Web Development skills
      DB2 or some other relational database, such as Oracle, mySQL, SQL
      Server or Sybase.
      HTML, Cascading Style sheets (CSS), JavaScript
      Photoshop a plus
      Must be able to work with minimal support from other staff
      programmers.
      Ability to work in a dynamic environment that is subject to constant
      change.

      If you are qualified, available, interested, planning to make a
      change, or know of a friend who might have the required
      qualifications and interest, please email me at ib@.... If
      you do respond via e-mail please include a daytime phone number so I
      can reach you. In considering candidates, time is of the essence, so
      please respond ASAP

      Regards,

      Iqbal

      Intellectual Capital Services, Inc.