Re: [PBML] user authentication script

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2006
      >>>>> "revathi" == revathi ganesh <cholam20@...> writes:

      revathi> i am writing again my query in a very simple way..

      revathi> I know the user name and passwd to enter in to a
      revathi> passwd protected site say www.nature.com...Now i want
      revathi> this to be used by all the users.

      revathi> so i have created a page on our webserver having the
      revathi> site names.
      revathi> if the user clicks it ...a perl program should run and
      revathi> it should take user in to the passwd protected site
      revathi> directly..

      Not possible. If they're using BasicAuth, there's no way for
      you to tell the browser about the right credentials from a different
      domain. If they're using a login form, there's no way for you
      to tell the browser how to "log in" to that form.

      You'll need to rethink your strategy.