Port definition for Net::FTP

  • Fish, David
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2006
      Hello! I am using Net::FTP and I am stumped why the ftp port for login
      to a server is using ftp port 21 but the ftp data port is picking a
      random port in the 2000 range. Is there a way to control this? I tried
      using ftp->port(20) which 20 is commonly used data port for ftp. The
      error I get is "502 port command syntax error - insufficient digits in
      host-port. I am running this program on a Windows 2000 server.

      Thanks for any help you can provide.

      David Fish
      Senior Systems Analyst
      POS Operations