flock and semaphore question

  • Lou Hernsen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2006
      I have one main program that uses a semaphore/flock to keep the other files from becoming corrupt.
      It uses .pl / packages. My question is, once I have the semaphore/flock in the main program, do I have to flock any other files used in the main program or the package it calls on?

      open semaphore
      flock it

      open and close a bunch of files

      close semaphore

      and all my other files are safe right? cause only one person can use my main program at a time, right?

      thanks
      Lou