RE: [PBML] Need help with Package installation.

  • Bobby Jafari
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 19, 2005
      > Hi All,
      >
      > I am trying to install a copy of Net::SNMP on my PC. I have just had my
      > HDD formatted and reloaded with XP. Don't ask me why (:-)
      >
      > I am using PPM3 and I type the following:
      > ppm> i net-snmp
      > Error: Package 'Crypt-DES' not found. Please 'search' for it first.

      I get the same.

      Perhaps mail the activestate forum
      http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/

      see http://www.netadmintools.com/art489.html
      You have to add the soulcage repository.
      If you are using perl 5.8
      rep add soulcage http://www.soulcage.net/ppds/PPDS.58/

      Thanks a lot, You are a life saver. Adding an additional repository works like a treat.

      Yahoo! Groups Links