Re: Compiling perl on solaris 2.9 - miniperl hangs

  • Damien Carbery
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 17, 2005
      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "vani1911" <vani1911@y...> wrote:

      > I initially tried compiling 5.8.5 from sunfreeware.com. I faced the
      > same problem.So i decided may be i should try the latest stable one
      > from perl.org. Now i have the same problem on both.
      >
      > I need to compile perl and a few other utilities for my need on a
      > separate mount point.Ultimately I have to move the tar ball of the
      > mount pt to another machine (same config -arch,OS,etc)cause i don't
      > have enough space on it.
      >

      > compiling 5.8.5 from sunfreeware.com
      Why didn't you just download the installable package from
      sunfreeware.com? It installs to /usr/local.
      You could use the same package on every machine.

      It sounds like you are making a lot of extra work for yourself.

      You might be able to use an option with pkgadd to install to a
      separate mount point.

      You could consider moving to Solaris 10 - it's free and perl 5.8.3 is
      part of it.