Re: [PBML] ReadKey module

  • Shawn Corey
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2005
      Raghavendra Muliya (RBIN/ECS2) wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I am using a version 5.8 of active perl, but couldn't find any option to
      > hide the "echo" of password from user.
      > I couldn't find the module "ReadKey". Even [system "stty -echo"] is also
      > not supported. Is there any method to hide the password by typing just
      > like "***" ?
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      > Regards,
      > Raghavendra M.

      The module is Term::ReadKey and it is not part of standard Perl. To
      download it, start rpm and install Term::ReadKey. In UNIX, see perldoc
      CPAN. After installation, run perldoc Term::ReadKey for documentation.

      --

      Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
      --- Shawn

      "Probability is now one. Any problems that are left are your own."
      SS Heart of Gold, _The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy_