ReadKey module

  • Raghavendra Muliya (RBIN/ECS2)
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2005
      Hi,
      I am using a version 5.8 of active perl, but couldn't find any option to
      hide the "echo" of password from user.
      I couldn't find the module "ReadKey". Even [system "stty -echo"] is also
      not supported. Is there any method to hide the password by typing just
      like "***" ?

      Thanks in advance,
      Regards,
      Raghavendra M.
    • Shawn Corey
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2005
        Raghavendra Muliya (RBIN/ECS2) wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I am using a version 5.8 of active perl, but couldn't find any option to
        > hide the "echo" of password from user.
        > I couldn't find the module "ReadKey". Even [system "stty -echo"] is also
        > not supported. Is there any method to hide the password by typing just
        > like "***" ?
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Regards,
        > Raghavendra M.

        The module is Term::ReadKey and it is not part of standard Perl. To
        download it, start rpm and install Term::ReadKey. In UNIX, see perldoc
        CPAN. After installation, run perldoc Term::ReadKey for documentation.

        --

        Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
        --- Shawn

        "Probability is now one. Any problems that are left are your own."
        SS Heart of Gold, _The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy_