Re: [PBML] Message from perl-beginner owner

  • Lee Crites
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 3, 2005
      I'm the list owner of other lists, and could take it over -- but it depends
      on what Yahoo requires. All of my other lists are things I administer via
      my unix system and/or other client sites. If nobody else gets back to you,
      let me know and I'll see what I can find out.

      Lee

      On Thursday 20-October-2005 11:44, Greg wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > As a few people over the last while have mentioned, this list has an
      > effectively absent owner, and it's not always a great thing. I do read
      > the posts (in RSS for quite a while now), but don't ever really have
      > time to respond to problems or foment the discussion. I've got a baby
      > on the way and am off learning other things and working on other
      > projects (Ruby, Ruby on Rails, which leads to the just started
      > http://www.openedletter.com - please participate if you have interest,
      > most functionality is coming). Perl is great, it's helped me for
      > years, but it's time for me to move on to things I can pay attention to.
      >
      > The list was started August 2, 1998. Wow, over 7 years now. I've been
      > effectively absent for the last three at least.
      >
      > So, I've got two choices...shut down the list, or find out if someone
      > else wants to take over (and if there is Yahoo facility for that).
      > With almost 3000 members signed up, I would really rather not shut the
      > list down.
      >
      > I am seeking someone who will find out of the ownership transfer is
      > possible, and someone who will take over if it is. As with everything
      > else, I don't really have time to even do that. Please post to the
      > list here if you are interested, with details of your participation
      > and what needs to happen for the transfer of ownership to take place.
      >
      > Many thanks for all your participation in helping others learn Perl!
      >
      > Greg Webster
      >

      > Unsubscribing info is here:
      >

      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >

      >  Visit your group "perl-beginner" on the web.

      Lee Crites
      email: lee@... / web: www.critesclan.com
      Is there really a God??? See: www.lds.org or www.mormons.org
      Read the scriptures on-line at: scriptures.lds.org