RE: [PBML] New to Perl & Programming

  • fkleinbu@lazy-kay.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2005
      >From: "Ramdas, Nagesh" <nag@...>
      >
      >Hello,
      >I have no previous programming exposure & want to learn Perl. Could you
      all
      >suggest the steps I need to take to learn programming & Perl.
      >Thanks in Advance.
      >Nagesh Ramdas

      Good morning Nagesh,
      You didn't state how much Unix experience you have, because frankly
      I find a good back ground in Unix will play a significant part in
      understanding Perl..

      I am new to Perl as well, but in my case I do have some previous
      experience with assembler and C (Basic as well which I am reluctant
      to mention).. But I have found the O'Reilly book "Learning Perl" to
      be a very good start.. I feel the book is well written and even has
      some humor, lacking in so many of the other books, man pages, etc.
      which are as dry as the desert sands..

      Good luck.. And let us know how it goes.. flk k